Get prepared for what’s next. Students need to have three basic skills whether they are going directly to the workforce or preparing for more education.
- Demonstrates Communication Skills
- Demonstrates Professional Skills
- Demonstrates Technology Skills
DEMONSTRATES COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Demonstrates Digital Citizenry skills with appropriate use of all mediums including social media.
- Models effective listening skills, including eye contact, questioning, and responding.
- Responds well to constructive feedback.
- Speaks clearly and writes legibly.
- Composes written and oral presentations, posters, reports, and presentations in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates appropriate non-verbal actions and behaviors.
- Knows when and how to ask for help in a work or school setting..
DEMONSTRATES PROFESSIONAL/EMPLOYABILITY SKILLS
- Attends work or school daily and on time.
- Demonstrates personal work ethic (working independently, taking initiative, addressing work challenges, completing work with attention to detail.
- Upholds ethical business practices, maintains personal integrity, and addresses workplace harassment through proper channels.
- Responds positively to feedback and guidance from supervisors.
- Resolves conflicts through active listening, developing solutions, and taking responsibility for personal mistakes.
- Collaborates effectively with team members, shares workload, follows through on work tasks, and demonstrates flexibility.
- Continues to seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
DEMONSTRATES TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Exhibits proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, digital presentation, video conferencing, and email applications.
- Produces and manages professional emails, files, and work-related documents.
- Navigates websites, Internet searches, and social media outlets with understanding and professionalism.