What they do:
- Promote or create an intended public image for individuals, groups, or organizations.
- May write or select material for release to various communications media. May specialize in using social media.
On the job, you would:
- Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
- Plan or direct development or communication of programs to maintain favorable public or stockholder perceptions of an organization’s accomplishments, agenda, or environmental responsibility.
- Post and update content on the company’s Web site and social media outlets.
For information on more career opportunities check out:
To see if this career is for you: